30.3.12

(the best) VEGAN BERRY MUFFINS



I have been oohing and awing at all of the food over at the wonderful blog, honey & jam, and it inspired me to share one of my newly favorite recipes. These muffins are naturally sweet, very addicting, and incredibly easy. Oh, AND vegan! So you can feel "healthy" about scarfing them down. I added a few raspberries just for fun, but it is not necessary! If any of you try this recipe, I'd love to hear what you think!
 ............................................................
adapted from Gweneth Paltrow's cookbook, my father's daughter 

preheat oven to 375f. mix wet ingredients together and slowly stir in the dry ingredients, folding in the blueberries 
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
1/2 almond milk (or soy milk)
1/2 real maple syrup 
1/4 agave nectar
1 cup whole wheat flour 
1 cup spelt flour (or all purpose)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt

11 comments:

  1. oh! i need to try this. easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the very top muffin looks just like a little bear. cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww those look so delicious!! Thanks for showing the recipe. might try to make them on my next baking day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always looking for good vegan recipes! Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! And I love Honey & Jam, such an inspiring blog!
    I eat gluten-free but I'm sure these would turn out just as good with gf flour. Berries taste incredible in baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. Vegan baking is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not vegan but i must give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh, those look wonderful. Thank you for sharing - I can't wait to try them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look deelish! thanks for sharing!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated. Also, please do not spam with URLS and follow-backs.

Thank you!